Snugs is equipped with Mosmatic Brand rotating duct washers to allow a complete cleaning of trash chutes of any length. In residential settings, our technicians apply biodegradable cleansers and degreasers as well as disinfectants throughout the system to remove all debris and odor. We also wash the chutes with hot water (180-200 degrees). As part of our service we also can clean out the trash compactor and adjacent areas. We clean all types of chutes: trash, recycling, and linen (laundry chutes).
Our Trash Chute Cleaning process:
- Seal each chute opening with watertight barrier.
- Provide and display “Chute Closed for Cleaning” signs and put up barrier tape to prevent use.
- Access chute from roof cover, or from top floor
- Remove Trash Dumpster(s)
- Deploy rope gantry (if needed) and feed hoist rope to bottom.
- Connect duct washer to rope.
- Pulling hose up on hoist rope, apply cleanser to entire length of duct.
- Spray clean with duct washer, and repeat until chute it clean (3500 psi HOT water).
- At each floor (Starting at the top), clean the door opening with pressure nozzle to remove any remaining debris and rinse chute.
- Apply disinfectant around interior of each door, door opening and in the entire length of the chute.
- Collect all solid debris and place in trash dumpster.
- Waste water can be flushed down the sanitary sewer or collected and transported for off site disposal.